Time: 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
What if ecosystems could sue for violating the rights of nature in places like Alberta’s tar sands or Fukushima? What if communities could write new laws that place their rights and local ecosystems above corporate interests? Come find out about the first International Rights of Nature Tribunal and local California Community Bills of Rights, and how you can participate.
Hosted by Shannon Biggs, Community Rights director, Global Exchange.
- Vandana Shiva, founder/Director, Navdanya;
- Pennie Opal Plant, Idle No More/Gathering Tribes;
- Robin Milam, Administrative Director, Global Alliance for the Rights of Nature;
- Osprey Orielle Lake, founder/Executive Director, Women’s Earth and Climate Caucus;
- Prajna Marcus, Bay Area Rights of Nature;
- Linda Sheehan, Executive Director, Earth Law Center.
– Earth Rights Days of Action 2014
Webpage with more details: http://conference.bioneers.org/schedule/peoples-earth-tribunals-community-bills-rights-mobilizing-community-enshrine-natures-rights/
More info: http://therightsofnature.org/events/bioneers-tribunals/
Organiser Name: Bioneers
Organiser email: email@example.com
Organiser Website: http://conference.bioneers.org/
Organiser Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Bioneers.org
Organiser Twitter url: https://twitter.com/bioneers
Location:Marin County Civic Center
10 Ave of the Flags - San Rafael
California - Estados Unidos
More Events at this location
No Comments to "Bioneers: People’s Earth Tribunals and Community Bills of Rights: Mobilizing for Community and to Enshrine Nature’s Rights"