Time: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Related Post and Event Photos
Message for California Seed Freedom Rally , 4th Jan 2016 from Dr Vandana Shiva
Join Biosafety Alliance, Sacramento Community Grange, CSG (formerly the California State Grange), Label GMOs, Moms Across America, SONGLINE CA for a formal action in protest of the “California Seed Law” AB2470, Chapter 294, Statutes of 2014.
Speakers – Information – Music – Solidarity (Lobbying from 1pm to 3pm)!
OUR SEEDS – OUR FOOD – OUR FUTURE
Contacts: (916) 454-5805 (916) 715-2731 – info[@]CSGunited.org
Jessica Denning – Bob Saunders – jessica[@]denningfamily.com
Location: California State Capitol -North Steps-
#SeedFreedomRally To express concerns to policy makers and the media, concerning the 2014 revisions to the CA Seed Law contained in AB 2470:
AB 2470 PROVISIONS SUMMARIZED:
– For purposes of seed packaging and labeling requirements contained in the California Seed Law, AB 2470 defines “neighbor” as a person who lives within 3 miles of another.
– AB-2470 makes it illegal for a farmer or person to sell, barter, trade or exchange seeds beyond 3 miles from their farm or garden, without being subject to seed labeling requirements.
– AB-2470 makes non-commercial seed exchanges illegal, such as those occurring through seed libraries and swap meets, due to the 3 mile restriction.
– AB-2470 prohibits a city, county or district from enacting and enforcing an ordinance regulating plants, crops or seeds without prior consent by the Secretary of the California Department of Food and Agriculture.
– AB-2470 limits the rights of local government leaders, and the citizens that elect them, from making decisions on what can and cannot be grown in their regions, resulting in a threat to biodiversity, food security and sustainable agriculture.
– AB-2470 redefines “person” to include “corporations” for purposes of the California Seed Law. Including “corporation” within the definition of “person” risks imposing corporate rule on agricultural seed, man’s oldest artifact.
– Proposed Summary of the Law –
@FoodExposed #SeedFreedomRally 4 Jan to reclaim right to exchange #Seeds say NO to #AB2470 #SeedLaw @drvandanashiva pic.twitter.com/4MxusOKTuK
— K Furey (@cleanfoodearth) January 3, 2016
#SeedFreedom Rally, Sacramento CA Jan 4th —NO to #AB2470 California #SeedLaw https://t.co/VdN9czsJIV @drvandanashiva pic.twitter.com/w1m6yjQuMm
— Seed Freedom (@occupytheseed) December 24, 2015
Civil Disobedience against AB2470, The California Seed Law
SEED SATYAGRAHA (Civil Disobedience to end Seed Slavery)
Related Events and Actions
The 2015 National Heirloom Exposition – The World’s Pure Food Fair
Santa Rosa, California, USA – 8 – 10 September 2015
SOS Save Our Seeds March & Rally
San Francisco, California, USA – 6 September 2015
Seed Freedom Day against California AB2470
Finley, California, USA – 1st July 2015
Webpage with more details: https://www.facebook.com/events/439592409573864/
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/439592409573864/
More info: http://www.sacramentogrange.org/?page_id=13
Organiser Name: Biosafety Alliance, Sacramento Community Grange, CSG (formerly the California State Grange), Label GMOs, Moms Across America, SONGLINE CA
Organiser email: info[@]CSGunited.org
Organiser Website: http://biosafetyalliance.org/
Organiser Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/biosafetyalliance/
Organiser Twitter url: https://twitter.com/JBSNonGMO
Location:California State Capitol
10th St, - Sacramento
California - Estados Unidos
More Events at this location
No Comments to "Seed Freedom Rally & Lobby Day"