NPC 2016 is being hosted by Aranya Agricultural Alternatives. The venue is University Auditorium of Prof. Jayashankar Telangana Agricultural University in Hyderabad, India.
This Convergence is an inclusive forum where practitioners in the field of permaculture, eco-friendly agricultural practices and sustainability, will come together to connect, share experiences and best practices.
Permaculture is a contraction of the two words ‘PERMAnent AgriCULTURE’. It stands for responsible and wise use of natural resources, in a way that will sustain life for the present as well as future generations. It is a philosophy and practice that enables people to design and establish productive systems to provide for their food, energy, shelter and other material and non-material needs, in harmony with natural systems.
NPC will feature talks, presentations, discussions, exhibition stalls for eco-friendly groups and products and demonstrations of sustainable agricultural practices.
The speakers and facilitators at NPC include experts in the field of permaculture, organic farming and environment. This includes:
– Dr. Vandana Shiva, world-renowned seed activist, will deliver the keynote address
– Dr. Sultan Ismail, soil biologist and ecologist, and Director of the Ecoscience Research Foundation in Chennai
– Mr. Claude Alvarez, environmental activist from Goa and Director of OFAI
– Mr. Umendra Dutt, founder of Kheti Virasat Mission (KVM) in Punjab
– Mr.Narsanna Koppula, Rico Zook, Ardhendu Chatterjee, Clea Chandmal and others, will conduct various Permaculture Sessions,
and many more from across India, who have very generously agreed to contribute their time, knowledge and experience voluntarily.
For complete details, please visit,
About Speakers – http://www.npcindia2016.org/speakers.php
Event Schedule – http://www.npcindia2016.org/pdf/NPCSchedule.pdf
The Hindu, 27 January 2016
Webpage with more details: http://npcindia2016.org/
More info: http://permacultureindia.org/national-permaculture-conference/